All key professional staff members are licensed to practice in the State of New York. All staff members have taken the proper amount of continuing education classes primarily in the area of governmental accounting and auditing as required by Government Auditing Standards, the New York State Education Department and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Some of these classes include Governmental Auditing and Accounting updates, the School District Accounting update, Single Audit OMB’s Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance) and the implementation of GASB Statement No. 68. Members of our firm have also been speakers at these seminars. All our professional staff members are reviewed on an annual basis. We have had a very low turnover rate over the years which translates into better service for our clients.
The key members of our firm are active members of the following professional associations and committees:
- New York State Society of CPA’s (NYSSCPA)
- Public School Accounting Committee
- Government Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Professional Ethics Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New York State, Suffolk County and Nassau County Associations of School Business Officials (ASBO)
- Governmental Financial Officers Association (GFOA)
- Accounting, Auditing and Financial Reporting Committee
- Association of School Business Officials International (ASBOI)
- New York State Association of School Boards Association (NYSSBA)
- School District Internal Auditors Alliance (SDIAA)
- Long Island Village Clerks and Treasurers Association (LIVCTA)
- Long Island Water Conference (LIWC)
- Suffolk County Library Association (SCLA)
- Suffolk County Village Officials Association (SCVOA)
Robert S. Abrams
Marianne E. Van Duyne, CPA, MBA
Alexandria Battaglia, CPA
Melissa T. Lee, CPA
Brendan Nelson, CPA
Christopher Schneider, CPA
Senior & Semi-Senior Accountants
Saad Mahmood, B.B.A
Joann Mills, B.S., M.S.
Thomas Lake, B.S., M.B.A.
Nicholas Hennessy, B.A.
Charles Rothkopf, B.S.
Michael Sanches, B.A.
Kelley Golden, CPA
Lara Levine, B.S.
Michael Kovarick, B.S., M.S.
Mathew Baraban, B.S.